All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes a winner - in business or in sport? Why do some people consistently break sales targets, cross the line first or hammer the ball in the net with pinpoint accuracy? Natural talent and disciplined training are vital. But with two equally matched professionals, something else makes the difference that provides that extra, champion factor: the mind. Mind Games looks into the mental processes of sporting stars, identifying the attitudes and approaches that enable them to achieve peak performance, every time, and applies them specifically to the world of business. What are the key mental characteristics that make some people come out on top? How do winners channel adrenalin into controlled power while losers choke? What do sportsmen and women mean when they talk about 'the inner game', being 'in the zone' or being 'in the w'? What is it that coaches do to realise the potential they see? What are the lessons that business winners need to learn from sport's superstars? Mind Games has the full involvement of over 30 sporting household names, including Sven-Goran Eriksson, Matthew Pinsent, Clive Woodward, Nick Faldo, Jonny Wilkinson. The authors draw on extensive first-hand experiences of ackwledged sporting champions across a range of sports, identifying personal techniques proven to have worked under the pressure of top-level competition. They also draw on the expertise of professional coaches and psychologists who have worked with sportsmen and women.
- Author BiographyJeff Grout is an adviser, commentator and columnist on the subjects of motivation, peak performance, people management, teamwork, recruitment and retention. He is also business manager to Sir Clive Woodward OBE, the former England Rugby Coach. Sarah Perrin is a freelance journalist and writer, contributing regularly to business and professional magazines. She is co-author of Kickstart Your Career and Recruiting Excellence, and author of The Guardian Careers Guide to Accountancy. She is also a qualified NLP practitioner, a technique increasingly used by sporting champions.
- Author(s)Jeff Grout,Sarah Perrin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCapstone Publishing Ltd
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byClive Woodward
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.