All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionMineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) was invented in the mid-1990s at Loma Linda University, USA, with the aim of introducing a material for use as a root-end filler that would set and develop its properties in the presence of moisture. MTA is a mixture of Portland cement and bismuth oxide, which is added to enhance the radiopacity of the material. These two components are mixed with water to produce hydrated cement. This book concisely presents information on diverse aspects of MTA and its use with a view to making it more widely available to clinicians and researchers. The topics covered include the development of MTA and its introduction into clinical dentistry, its chemical composition and setting characteristics, manipulation and placement, material properties, reactivity and the influence of environmental factors. The clinical applications are clearly explained and related invations and further materials currently available on the market are also discussed.
- Author BiographyJosette Camilleri studied Dental Surgery at the University of Malta, obtaining her B.Ch.D. in 1992, M.Phil. in 2001 and Ph.D. in 2007. Both M.Phil. and Ph.D. were supervised by the late Professor Tom Pitt Ford of King's College, London, UK. Professor Camilleri practised as a dental surgeon from 1992 to 2007, mostly in hospital practice in Malta, until she became a lecturer in Materials Science in the Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, Faculty for the Built Environment, University of Malta. In 2009 she was appointed Associate Professor and in 2011 joined the lecturing staff at the Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dental Surgery, University of Malta. Her research interests include endodontic materials, with a particular focus on root-end filling materials and root canal sealers. Professor Camilleri acts as a reviewer for a number of international journals and has published widely in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Author(s)Josette Camilleri
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/08/2014
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 43 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight671 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.