All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionMining in Cornwall and Devon is an ecomic history of mines, mineral ownership, and mine management in the South West of England. The work brings together material from a variety of hard-to-find sources on the thousands of mines that operated in Cornwall and Devon from the late 1790s to the present day. It presents information on what they produced and when they produced it; who the owners and managers were and how many men, women and children were employed. For the mine owners, managers and engineers, it also offers a guide to their careers outside the South West, in other mining districts across Britain and the world. A long section on the Duchy of Cornwall provides details of the Duchy's role as the largest mineral owner in the South West, and of the modernisation and changing administration of the Stannaries. The printed book provides a guide to the sources, their interpretation and how they illustrate the long-term development and decline of the industry; the composite mine-by-mine tables are presented on an interactive CD included free with the book.
- Author BiographyRoger Burt is Professor Emeritus of Economic History at the University of Exeter. He has been a consultant to mining companies and government departments and contributes to radio programmes on mining related issues. Raymond Burnley is the software designer for the project, and is a former IT Systems Developer at the University of Exeter. Michael Gill was a Research Fellow in the University of Exeter Economic History Department. He has also worked as a surveyor in the Mining and Civil Engineering industries. Alasdair Neill is a freelance researcher on mining in the UK.
- Author(s)Alasdair Neill,Michael Gill,Raymond Burnley,Roger Burt
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.