All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional building ecomics has primarily been concerned with issues around project appraisal and cost management techniques. On the other hand, modern construction ecomics has a wider focus with stronger links to mainstream ecomics, reflecting an increased interest in a range of theoretical issues in construction ecomics, both at the macro and micro level. In Modern Construction Ecomics: Theory and Application, a variety of approaches are used to present a coherent vision of synthesis between industry ecomics and project ecomics. Topics covered include: * developing construction ecomics as idustry ecomics * competition and barriers to entry in construction * invation in construction * theory testing in construction management research * collusion and corruption in the construction sector. Including contributions from academics in the UK, Sweden, Hong Kong, and Australia, this is a truly global review of a core issue for the construction industry worldwide. The result is a unique book that will push toward the development of a comprehensive theoretical framework of construction ecomics. This is a must-read for all serious students of construction ecomics, and all practitioners looking for a deeper understanding of their industry.
- Author BiographyGerard de Valence teaches in the undergraduate and postgraduate construction and property courses in the School of the Built Environment at the University of Technology, Sydney. In the 1990s he participated in many State and Commonwealth Government inquiries into the construction industry and has a particular interest in industry policy. He has published widely on theoretical and management issues in property and construction and was co-editor of the three volume Building in Value series of books. Since 2003 he has been Coordinator of the Working Commission on Building Economics for the International Council for Building Research and Innovation.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note34 black & white tables, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byGerard de Valence
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.