All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe scientific pedagogy of Maria Montessori informed a revolution in education that continues today, 100 years later. Montessori schools focus on hands-on learning with specifically designed materials that allow students to understand the world through methodical and self-directed work. According to Montessori, play is work and the explorations of children are what ultimately lead to learning and understanding. As with all things Montessori, students begin with the concrete and move to the abstract. When learning shapes, students first develop an understanding of the spatial object, the comparison between shapes and a relevant application for each shape before learning the names. Inspired by this process and the associated classroom materials (trays of various shapes, grouped by family), Montessori: Shape Work will offer readers die-cut shapes to trace with their fingers, grouped by family for comparison, and illustrated into a familiar object for relevancy. Featured shapes: 3 triangles (equilateral, isosceles, right); 3 rounds (circle, oval, ellipse); 3 parallelograms (square, rectangle, rhombus); 3 polygons (pentagon, hexagon, octagon).
- Author BiographyBobby George is a life-long student and entrepreneur. A PhD candidate in philosophy, Bobby and his wife, June, founded and run Baan Dek -- the first Montessori school in the state of South Dakota. They also own and operate Montessorium, a Montessori app company, as well as June Books, a publishing venture dedicated to Montessori-inspired storybooks.
- Author(s)Bobby George,June George
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleMontessori
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintAbrams Appleseed
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alyssa Nassner
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $93.99Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.