All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, four NYU undergrads wanted to build a social network that would allow users to control the information they shared about themselves, instead of surrendering their privacy to big businesses like Facebook. Their project was called 'Diaspora.' Before long they had raised GBP200,000. In a matter of days, the Diaspora Four had received a global commission to re-bottle the genie of personal privacy. But, faced with too many challenges, they couldn't get there. When one member committed suicide in the fall of 2011, they found out how much they had all been on their own.
- Author BiographyJim Dwyer, a Pulitzer Prize winning reporter with the New York Times, has written or cowritten six books. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jim Dwyer
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight309 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.