All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMountaincraft and Leadership was first published in 1969 and went through three editions, with numerous reprints, before this fourth edition. It has become established as one of the authoritative texts in the field of UK mountaineering and hillwalking, both for the recreational participant and those leading others in the hills. It is w published by The Mountain Training Boards of England and Scotland. With the death of Eric Langmuir this new edition has been thoroughly rewritten by a team of experts and specialists to bring it up to date and incorporate latest thinking and developments in equipment and access legislation. New illustrations and diagrams have been commissioned to support the revised text to enhance this fully comprehensive text.
- Author BiographyBorn in Glasgow, Eric Langmuir graduated in Natural Science and as a past President of the Cambridge University Mountaineering Club with extensive climbing experience in the UK and abroad he inevitably gravitated towards the newly developing outdoor education field. Eric held important posts in connection with mountaineering and outdoor pursuits but is perhaps best remembered as the author of Mountaincraft and Leadership which has embedded him in to the consciousness of generations of mountaineers to the extent that the book has become known simply as 'Langmuir'. He died in 2005 and subsequent editions of the book have been rewritten and updated by The Mountain Training Boards of England and Scotland.
- Author(s)Eric Langmuir
- PublisherMLTE (Mountain Leader Training England)
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCapel Curig
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMLTE (Mountain Leader Training England)
- Content Note186 illustrations
- Width150 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.