All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy Kind of Food is a very personal book from John Torode, full of the food that he loves to cook and eat, recipes that he makes away from the cameras and professional kitchens. In John's words: 'My world as I kw it started with my Nanna's roasting tin, a chicken and a wooden spoon. The food she cooked was always simple, but delicious. Her cauliflower cheese was awesome, her caramel slice wonderful and I am still searching for a recipe to make her apple tea cake. So life started simply for me. Since then I have cooked in professional kitchens, run my own restaurants and done a lot of telly. Some of you may have eaten in my restaurants, some may have seen me on MasterChef, but I guess that t many of you kw what I really cook for myself and my friends and family. This book is about how I cook at home and the chapters reflect me and the things in life I love - how I eat and how I cook. At its heart, it is simple, but it's definitely also influenced by my years in restaurant kitchens. I don't tend to define my food by type or style. I guess you could say that these are my real favourites - a behind-the-scenes look at my own kitchen!' BRUNCH TO LUNCH The Aussie in me is all about eating through the morning. My perfect day starts slowly - if breakfast is the meal of kings, then brunch is the food of emperors. FOR THE FAMILY Although I am a professional cook, I have a number of dishes that I rely on at home. They are all tried-and-tested, some are posh, some are simple, but all are favourites. IN A RUSH I cook every day, but sometimes it needs to be quick and easy. But there's reason why a quick meal should t be tasty. STORES AND LEFTOVERS Great food is created from necessity. Open your cupboards and look for the potential in your fridge. For many a minefield, but for me a gold mine. These are the recipes I kw well from being a boy and watching in wonder what could be made with a bit of this and a bit of that. Not complicated just delicious. ALL OUTSIDE Well, I am an Aussie. Some of the best food in the world is cooked outside, where having fun is as important as cooking. AND TO FINISH I love a good dessert. A proper steaming pudding with thick custard or real ice cream. It's all about being a kid and t caring about sugar and spice. Cakes and tarts and pies and lots of them.
- Author BiographyJohn is one of the UK's best-known chefs and TV presenters. He is the host and judge of BBC1's top-rating MasterChef, Celebrity MasterChef and Junior MasterChef and presenter of A-Z of Cooking on BBC2. John went back to his roots with a culinary road trip across Australia for his series John Torode's Australia, which was the top-performing show of 2014 on the Good Food channel, with a 70% above slot average and which has also just aired on Watch. A popular TV personality, much sought after by many shows, John has also hosted Have I Got News For You and Saturday Kitchen, and has made numerous guest appearances on BBC Breakfast, Loose Women, Alan Carr, The Alan Titchmarsh Show and National Lottery Stars. John also writes regularly for Good Food, Olive, Waitrose Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Red and Delicious and he appears at all the annual BBC Good Food Shows. John is in great demand for all the regional food festivals, where his cookery demos are sell-outs.
- Author(s)John Torode
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Home
- Weight1254 g
- Width197 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.59Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $31.11
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $31.23Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $44.63Trending at AU $45.27
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.