Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is astrology? Fiction for the bourgeoisie. The Tour de France? An epic. The brain of Einstein? Kwledge reduced to a formula. Like iconic images of movie stars or the rhetoric of politicians, they are fabricated. Once isolated from the events that gave birth to them, these mythologies appear for what they are: the ideology of mass culture. When Roland Barthes's groundbreaking Mythologies first appeared in English in 1972, it was immediately recognized as one of the most significant works in French theory--yet nearly half of the essays from the original work were missing. This new edition of Mythologies is the first complete, authoritative English version of the French classic. It includes the brilliant Astrology, never published in English before. Mythologies is a lesson in clairvoyance. In a new century where the virtual dominates social interactions and advertisement defines popular culture, it is more relevant than ever.
- Author BiographyRoland Barthes (1915-1980) was a French literary theorist, philosopher, and critic whose best-known works include Writing Degree Zero and The Pleasure of the Text. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009.
- Author(s)Roland Barthes
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- LanguageEnglish & French
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Weight177 g
- Width107 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.