All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn natechlogy, a particle is defined as a small object that behaves as a whole unit in terms of its transport and properties. It is further classified according to size: In terms of diameter, fine particles cover a range between 100 and 2500 nameters, while ultrafine particles, on the other hand, are sized between 1 and 100 nameters. Similarly to ultrafine particles, naparticles are sized between 1 and 100 nameters, though the size limitation can be restricted to two dimensions. Naparticles may or may t exhibit size-related properties that differ significantly from those observed in fine particles or bulk materials. Napowders are agglomerates of ultrafine particles, naparticles, or naclusters. Adding naparticles to the polymer matrix of a coating does t make it a nacoating. A nacoating is synthesised using molecular engineering techniques to create a na-structured polymer/coating. A coating with naparticles added to the polymer matrix will only incrementally improve the physical properties. Naparticles or na-dirt can be used as an additive in a coating to reinforce the polymer matrix, reduce UV degradation of the substrate, improve chemical resistance and change the coatings electrochemical properties. The technique of using naparticles to maximise the physical surface properties of a coating are limiting. Adding naparticles to a polymer matrix depend on the molecular structure of the polymer backbone, size and amount of naparticles added, particle dispersion throughout the coating, structure and functionality of the naparticles. This new and important book gathers the latest research from around the globe in the study of these dynamic fields.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos & charts
- Weight656 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Edited byV. F. Cotler
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.