All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Accessible, Scientifically Rigorous Presentation That Helps Your Students Learn the Real Stuff Winner of a CHOICE Outstanding Academic Book Award 2011 ...takes the revolutionary concepts and techniques that have traditionally been fodder for graduate study and makes them accessible for all...outstanding introduction to the broad field of natechlogy provides a solid foundation for further study...Highly recommended. -N.M. Fahrenkopf, University at Albany, CHOICE Magazine 2011 Give your students the thorough grounding they need in natechlogy. A rigorous yet accessible treatment of one of the world's fastest growing fields, Natechlogy: Understanding Small Systems, Third Edition provides an accessible introduction without sacrificing rigorous scientific details. This approach makes the subject matter accessible to students from a variety of disciplines. Building on the foundation set by the first two bestselling editions, this third edition maintains the features that made previous editions popular with students and professors alike. See What's New in the Third Edition: * Updated coverage of the eight main facets of natechlogy * Expanded treatment of health/environmental ramifications of namaterials * Comparison of macroscale systems to those at the nascale, showing how scale phemena affects behavior * New chapter on namedicine * New problems, examples, and an exhaustive natech glossary Filled with real-world examples and original illustrations, the presentation makes the material fun and engaging. The systems-based approach gives students the tools to create systems with unique functions and characteristics. Fitting neatly between popular science books and high-level treatises, the book works from the ground up to provide a gateway into an exciting and rapidly evolving area of science.
- Author BiographyBen Rogers is a writer and an engineer (BS 2001; MS 2002, University of Nevada, Reno). He has done research at Nanogen, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and published many technical papers, as well as fictional works and essays (which can be found at http://readrogers.com/). He is currently the principal engineer at NevadaNano and lives in Reno with his wife and two daughters. Jesse Adams (BS 1996, University of Nevada; MS 1997 and PhD 2001, Stanford University) is the vice president and CTO of NevadaNano. He is working to bring multifunctional microsensor technology to the chemical sensing market space. Sumita Pennathur is an associate professor of mechanical engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara (BS 2000, MS 2001, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; PhD 2005, Stanford University). She has been actively contributing to the fields of nanofluidics and nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS), and has spent some time at both Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, California, and the University of Twente MESA+ research facility in the Netherlands. When not enveloped in her research work, she can be found either spending time with her husband and two kids or at a local club wailing on her saxophone.
- Author(s)Ben Rogers,Jesse Adams,Sumita Pennathur
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleMechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note182 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight1088 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.