All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionProblem solving and reasoning are students' processes of actively applying what they kw to new problems from diverse areas of mathematics. Kwing a variety of mathematical ideas is insufficient unless students can draw on, integrate and use them to solve challenging, complex problems.<br><br>The <em>Navigating through Problem Solving and Reasoning</em> books for grades 3-6 present hands-on investigations that nurture reasoning and problem-solving strategies in each of the upper elementary grades. In lively and challenging investigations for grade 6, students have opportunities to reason about parts of a whole, analyse patterns of growth, discover area formulas for familiar shapes, explore scale factors and similar figures and analyse a set of data to solve a real-world problem: how to arrange competitors in teams for an athletic festival. Students apply mathematical ideas from the five main content areas - number, algebra, geometry, measurement and data analysis. As they work, they infer, generalise, reason by analogy, recognise relationships and make representations and they also predict, check and revise and verify their results.<br><br>Includes a supplemental CD-ROM that features applets for students' use and resources for teachers' professional development.
- Author(s)Denisse R. Thompson
- PublisherNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNavigations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.