All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen! Sixteen years ago, torious science-brigand Janni Nemo journeyed into the frozen reaches of Antarctica to resolve her father's weighty legacy in a storm of madness and loss, barely escaping with her Nautilus and her life. Now it is 1941, and with her daughter strategically married into the family of aerial warlord Jean Robur, Janni's raiders have only limited contact with the military might of the clownish German-Tomanian dictator Adeid Hynkel. But when the pirate queen learns that her loved ones are held hostage in the nightmarish Berlin, she has choice save to intervene directly, travelling with her ageing lover Broad Arrow Jack into the belly of the beastly metropolis. Within that alienated city await monsters, criminals, and legends, including the remaining vestiges of Germany's torious 'Twilight Heroes', a dark Teutonic counterpart to Mina Murray's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And waiting at the far end of this gauntlet of alarming adversaries there is something much, much worse. Continuing in the thrilling tradition of Heart of Ice, Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill rampage through twentieth-century culture in a blazing new adventure, set in a city of totalitarian shadows and mechanical nightmares. Cultures clash and lives are lost in the explosive collision of four unforgettable women, lost in the black and bloody alleyways where thrive The Roses of Berlin.
- Author BiographyAlan Moore is widely regarded as the best and most influential writer in the history of comics. His seminal works include Miracleman and Watchmen, for which he won the coveted Hugo Award. Never one to limit himself in form or content, Moore has also published novels, Voice of the Fire and Jerusalem, and an epic poem, The Mirror of Love. Four of his ground-breaking graphic novels--From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--have been adapted to the silver screen. Moore currently resides in Northampton, England.
- Author(s)Alan Moore
- PublisherTop Shelf Productions
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Superheroes
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTop Shelf Productions
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width173 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Artist(s)Kevin O'Neill
- Interest AgeFrom 16
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.