All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes you on a journey through the brain, its function and its impact on leadership. The young business field of neuroleadership is founded on the belief that understanding the brain can give leaders new and powerful insights into human behaviour and how to effectively tap into that kwledge to generate better returns in business. The book approaches the background, history, and major thinkers in the field, but also reassesses the fundamental concept of neuroleadership. The authors look into the fundamental basic needs of human beings, how they are represented in the neural networks, and how this manifests in motivational drives. The book also focuses explicitly on how impactful organisational tools can be from the viewpoint of the brain. By following this methodology, the reader will be able to use the kwledge of neuroscience at the workplace to better address individuals' brains and hence tap into the full power of brains in business.
- Author BiographyArgang Ghadiri completed his studies of Business Administration in the master's programme of the Mercator School of Management (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany) and the Aalto School of Economics (Aalto University, Finland) and gained his Bachelor degree at the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (Germany) and FHS St. Gallen University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland). In addition to his scientific work as a tutor and scientific assistant he gained practical experience in consulting and auditing firms. He is currently collaborating with Professor Theo Peters as research associate at the department of Business Administration in Sankt Augustin. Andy Habermacher started his career in linguistics and language training before founding his own company focusing on communication and soft skills to executives. He qualified as Certified Master Coach in 2008 and followed this with studies on neuroscience as applied to coaching through Dr. Srinivasan Pillay and the NeuroBusiness Group. His business now focuses on neuroscience applications for business and leadership development. In 2011 he published The Fox Factor which takes us into the unconscious processes of how we are influenced by status and personality. Prof. Dr. Theo Peters studied Business Administration at the Rheinisch-Westfalische University in Aachen (Germany) and subsequently Economics at the University of Cologne where he also completed his doctoral studies. Before taking on his position at Bonn- Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences he worked as a business consultant in organisational and personnel development. In addition to his lecturing and research activities at numerous universities Prof. Theo Peters gives seminars and presentations on current business administration themes.
- Author(s)Andreas Habermacher,Argang Ghadiri,Theo Peters
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication26/01/2013
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleManagement for Professionals
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.