All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.62
- AU $47.01Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.39Trending at AU $45.24
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes people give up their life of comfort to travel thousands of miles across the sea to an uncharted land? This is what many have wondered about the settlers who made their way from England to the Virginia Colony in the early 1600s. From their arrival in 1607, the settlers of Jamestown faced many difficult challenges including starvation, Indian aggression, deaths by disease, or even unwanted governance. Through it all, the small band of survivors fought to keep their dream alive-and a band of Native Americans fought to keep their home from being destroyed. New Beginnings is a story of determination, defeat, and finally the triumph of the settlers. The endeavors of these brave pioneers brought other settlers to our shores. Jamestown and the rest of the Virginia Colony gave birth to a way of life that shaped our American culture forever. Like the others in the series, New Beginnings is illustrated with period photographs, paintings, and drawings. Also included are a glossary and an index.
- Author BiographyDaniel Rosen has written several history books for young children. He loves writing about history and researching people, places, and time periods that interest him. With each book, Mr. Rosen feels his knowledge grows. He lives in Vermont, one of the 13 original colonies.
- Author(s)Daniel H. Rosen
- PublisherNational Geographic Books
- Date of Publication28/02/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Books
- Out-of-print date28/07/2011
- Content Notecol
- Weight272 g
- Width185 mm
- Height136 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.