Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on its heritage in planetary science, remote sensing of the Earth's at- sphere and iosphere with occultation methods has undergone remarkable dev- opments since the rst GPS/Met 'proof of concept' mission in 1995. Signals of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) satellites are exploited by radio occ- tation while natural signal sources are used in solar, lunar, and stellar occultations. A range of atmospheric variables is provided reaching from fundamental atmospheric parameters such as density, pressure, and temperature to water vapor, ozone, and othertracegasspecies. Theutilityforatmosphereandclimatearisesfromtheunique properties of self-calibration, high accuracy and vertical resolution, global coverage, and (if using radio signals) all-weather capability. Occultations have become a va- able data source for atmospheric physics and chemistry, operational meteorology, climate research as well as for space weather and planetary science. The 3rd International Workshop on Occultations for Probing Atmosphere and Climate (OPAC-3) was held September 17-21, 2007, in Graz, Austria. OPAC-3 aimed at providing a casual forum and stimulating atmosphere for scienti c disc- sion, co-operation initiatives, and mutual learning and support amongst members of alldifferentoccultationcommunities. Theworkshopwasattendedby40participants from 14 different countries who actively contributed to a scienti c programme of high quality and to an excellent workshop atmosphere. The programme included 6 invited keyte presentations and 16 invited pres- tations, complemented by about 20 contributed ones including 8 posters.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrea Steiner,Barbara Pirscher,Gottfried Kirchengast,Ulrich Foelsche
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.