All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early '60s, Robinson, a German illustrator, visited New York and documented his trip in his signature style, the self-described X-ray view, in which he depicts important buildings simultaneously from within and without (instead of showing exactly what was already visible in photographs). Today, with such programs available as Freehand and Illustrator, Robinson is considered a graphics pioneer. From a Greenwich Village restaurant to Chinatown's Mott Street; from a Museum of Modern Art exhibit to takeoffs and landings at Kennedy Airport; and from the Rockefeller Center ice rink to Times Square, New Yorkers and tourists alike will savor Robinson's beautiful and meticulous re-creations. The book also includes updated urban facts.
- Author BiographyBorn Werner Kruse, Robinson drew more than 250,000 illustrations during his lifetime. He also created books, in his X-ray view style, on Tokyo, Paris, and Moscow. Robinson died in 1994, at the age of 83. Matteo Pericoli is the author and illustrator of the bestselling Manhattan Unfurled.
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width307 mm
- Height336 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.09
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.01
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $7.33Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.