Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionA great resource for multi-lingual classrooms. In addition to English, the book includes the following translations: 1. Spanish 2. French 3. Russian 4. Hebrew 5. Hindi 6. Chinese 7. Vietnamese 8. Polish 9. Arabic 10. German It was the author's intent to write a book that might help comfort children at night as their creative imaginations can often run away with them! It was also thought that by presenting children of different cultures and from different parts of the world, listening to similar sounds, an appreciation for diversity could be nurtured. Children should be able to identify with several nighttime sounds while building on their kwledge of nature and reality. The rhyming verse and figurative speech can help build language skills. The colorful and richly detailed illustrations depict many different emotions from delight and wonder, to feelings of anxiety, sleepiness and peace. The translations at the end provide t only a learning tool for English Language Learners, but a platform for others to identify these students as kwing and speaking two languages.
- Author BiographyCarole LaPlante, nee Schmidt, is from Tinley Park, Illinois. Carole earned her Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education from Southwest Texas State University and her Masters Degree in Early Childhood from Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania. She has owned and operated her own childcare center, taught college courses in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and ESL in Cleveland, Turkey and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, where she currently resides. As a child, Carole's first students were her younger brothers, dolls and pets. Carole has taught young people most of her life, focusing on children's literature. Mary Ann Byrne-Walker is a native Pennsylvanian. She received her Bachelors Degree in Humanities from the Pennsylvania State University and her Masters Degree from the University of St. Francis. She recalls getting the 'drawing bug' at age six. Mary Ann has exhibited her work in many galleries, shows, art fairs, specializing in pen and ink and pastels. She has enjoyed doing a wide variety of freelance artwork, including illustrated cards, homes, political cartoons, medical illustrations, and journal covers, to name a few. Mary Ann currently resides with her husband and two children in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Carole Laplante
- PublisherSunbury Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunbury Press, Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mary Ann Byrne-Walker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.