Best-selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- AU $1,950.00Trending at AU $2,269.15
- AU $2,484.92Trending at AU $2,920.77
- AU $2,019.00Trending at AU $3,731.06
- AU $1,493.10Trending at AU $1,745.43
- AU $1,203.54Trending at AU $1,567.83
- AU $1,217.00Trending at AU $1,255.46
- AU $213.01Trending at AU $233.51
About this product
- Product InformationTake your photographic skills up a notch or two, with the Nikon D5000 12.3 MP Digital SLR Camera Body in black. This top-of-the-line camera body with quality and reliable features, including a 2.7-inch LCD screen that allows a highly visible look at your pictures, makes taking shots and reviewing them a breeze. With 19 Auto-exposure Scene Modes, you are able to get the ideal photo anywhere and the Lithium-ion batteries will let you go on and on without interrupting shoots for a charge. Add the compatible lens of choice and you have a camera that holds up well, with a durable nylon and hard plastic casing set off by metal fasteners.
- Product Features<ul><li><strong>16.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor</strong><br />Delivers lifelike images with vivid colors, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations.</li><li><strong>High ISO (100-6400) light sensitivity - manually extendable up to 25600 using the Hi2 setting</strong><br />Enables faster shutter speeds for finely detailed images with minimal noise when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light. Features an Auto ISO setting.</li><li><strong>EXPEED 2 image processing engine</strong><br />Optimizes the camera's technologies for superior performance and maximum image quality.</li><li><strong>7.5 cm (3-in.), 921k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor with wide viewing angle</strong><br />Lets you capture unique shots from any angle. Boasts a side opening mechanism that makes it easy to shoot self-portraits or use a tripod.</li><li><strong>D-Movie - full HD (1080p) movie clips</strong><br />A dedicated movie-record button right next to the shutter-release makes it easy to keep the camera steady when you switch between recording stills and movies. AF-F mode keeps everything in focus, and the camera's vari-angle monitor and Special Effects mode enable unique shots. The camera supports use of an external microphone and offers 30p, 25p and 24p frame rates.</li><li><strong>Live View with Scene Auto Selector</strong><br />Makes it easy to compose images using the vari-angle LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture. Boasts easily selectable AF modes, including Face Priority AF that detects and tracks faces within the frame.</li><li><strong>Razor-sharp 11-point AutoFocus system</strong><br />Offers fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame. Four AF-area modes, including 3D-tracking AF, deliver sharp results, whether your subject is off-center, moving fast or completely unpredictable.</li><li><strong>4 fps continuous shooting</strong><br />Enables you to capture fast-moving action at four frames per second.</li><li><strong>Special Effects mode</strong><br />Lets you shoot distinctive still images and movies using a special effect. Offers a range of effects, including Color Sketch, Miniature effect, Night Vision and Selective Color that lets you emphasize up to three colors of your choice and turns the rest of the image to monochrome.</li><li><strong>Scene Modes</strong><br />Scene Modes automatically adjust camera settings, including Picture Controls and active D-Lighting, to take the guesswork out of tricky photo situations and deliver optimal results. Simply turn the mode dial to SCENE to access the most commonly used modes. Sample photos appear on the display to help you select the right mode.</li><li><strong>HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging</strong><br />Delivers exquisitely detailed shots of high-contrast scenes. Takes two shots within a single shutter release to create an image with an extremely wide dynamic range, low noise and rich color gradation.</li><li><strong>Extensive in-camera Retouch Menu</strong><br />Lets you edit and enhance photos and movies in the camera. Offers a range of effects and filters including Perspective Control, Soft Focus and Color Outline, which transforms your photo into a line drawing.</li><li><strong>Dual Integrated dust reduction system</strong><br />Image Sensor Cleaning and Airflow Control systems keep dust away from the camera's image sensor for clear, spot-free images.</li><li><strong>HDTV compatibility</strong><br />This camera features a built-in HDMI connector with HDMI-CEC support so you can view your photos and movies on any HDTV and control playback features using your TV's remote control.</li><li><strong>Infrared front and back receiver</strong><br />Helps prevent image blur when shooting close-ups and self-portraits.</li></ul>
- Camera TypeDigital SLR
- Sensor Resolution12.3 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor Size15.8 x 23.6mm
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens For SDBody Only
- Focus AdjustmentAutofocus & Manual Focus,Automatic,Manual
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast and phase detection,TTL phase detection
- Max Shutter Speed30 sec
- Min Shutter Speed30 sec
- Exposure compensation±5 EV range, in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-20 ( ISO 100 )
- Exposure Metering3D color matrix II,Center-Weighted,Spot
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Bulb,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority,i-TTL Program Flash
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 100-6400,ISO 12800,ISO 200-3200,ISO 25600,ISO 6400,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypePop-up Flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator,Auto Flash,Fill-in Flash,Flash +/- Compensation,Flash Off,Front Sync Flash,Manual,Rear Sync Flash,Red-eye Reduction Flash,Slow Sync,Wireless Off-Camera Control
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Auto Mode With Red-eye Reduction,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Rear Curtain Sync,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Card,SD Memory Card,SDHC Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical,Optical (Through-the-lens)
- Optical Viewfinder TypeEye-level mirror pentaprism
- Viewfinder - Field Coverage95%
- Viewfinder Magnification0.78x
- Dioptric Correction Range-2 to +1
- Depth3.1 in.
- Height3.8 in.
- Width5 in.
- Weight19.8 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x Hi-Speed USB,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output,1 x microphone,1 x system accessory terminal
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS,Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later,MS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP Home Edition,MS Windows XP Professional
- Digital Video FormatAVI,H.264,HD (High Definition),MJPEG,MOV,MPEG-4,Motion JPEG
- Still Image FormatDCF 2.0,DPOF,DPOF 1.1,EXIF,EXIF 2.21,JPEG,NEF (RAW),NEF (RAW) + JPEG,RAW + JPEG,Raw Image
- Max Video Resolution1280 x 720
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesSelf Timer
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ProgramsAutumn color,Beach/snow,Blossom,Candle,Children,Close-up,Dawn/dusk,Food,High key,Landscape,Low key,Night landscape,Night portrait,Party/indoor,Pet,Pet portrait,Portrait mode,Silhouette,Sports mode,Sunset
- Special EffectsColor sketch,Fisheye,Landscape,Miniature,Monochrome,Neutral,Portrait,Silhouette,Vivid
- White BalanceAuto,Automatic,Cloudy (Preset),Custom,Flash (Preset),Fluorescent (Preset),Incandescent (Preset),Manual,Presets,Shade (Preset),Sunset (Preset)
- Continuous Shooting Speed4 frames per second
- Video CaptureMOV - 1280 x 720 - 24 fps,MOV - 1280 x 720 - 25 fps,MOV - 1280 x 720 - 30 fps,MOV - 1920 x 1080 - 24 fps,MOV - 1920 x 1080 - 25 fps,MOV - 1920 x 1080 - 30 fps,MOV - 640 x 424 - 25 fps,MOV - 640 x 424 - 30 fps
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- alfie92507 Jun, 2016by
I am just starting out as a new photographer and chose this Nikon D5000. Even though the camera has been discontinued by Nikon. I thought it would be a great beginner DSLR camera. It is easy to use and very lightweight. I love the images the camera takes. And with the auto-focus and vibration control lenses, photo taking is a snap...Lol. I have already been on two assignments since I got the camera. I've done a baby shower and an employee anniversary party. And everyone seems to love the photos. I am enrolling in a photography class to start understanding the different lingo of photo imaging. Such a aperture, f-stop, shutter speed, and white bracketing. I love this camera and maybe hope to upgrade to camera with Wi-Fi someday. But for now the Nikon D5000 is my buddy and I take it everywhere. Wish me luck! Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- beatmanct18 Apr, 2015by
Great Body,very good price on the market now. Excellent Quality -Reliable
D5000 is an older body, but one unique feature in this model is the ability to use "Live view" mode AND have full control when shooting in "Manual" mode. I work for an Auction house and shoot thousands of photos under Tungsten studio lights, and this camera , on a sturdy tripod, excels at almost any shooting situation, giving me FULL control of exposure, shutter speed, ISO, etc. while not having to squint through the viewfinder...instead using the articulated LCD to check exposure, then frame and compose the shot. We now have three, including this one, using a fixed 35mm 1.8 Nikkor prime lense...and results are very good with minimal fatigue.
- sosat_do201524 Feb, 2017by
I love my new cámara. It looks like new! It's amazing. Thanks.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- ko6jt20 Jan, 2016by
The Nikon D5000 very good Camera has lots of learning points to taking Photos. It took me a few days of reading to catch up on all what the camera does. very satisfied with the quality of better looking Pics, with a SLR Camera. very good Value for the Money.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- hilltopper2302 Jan, 2015by
Everything you could ask for in a DSLR.
I jumped up from a D70 and I can really see the difference. With the added video function and the very fast continuous shutter, it is great fun to play with. I love the light weight of the camera and that it used the smaller memory disks. The larger LCD makes everything easy to see. Very happy with the D5000.