All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe start out with the best intentions. We're going to exercise more and get in shape! Then five days a week at the gym turns into two...then becomes ne. We hit the soze button and skip the morning run. We really do want to be healthy and fit, but we're over whelmed and overextended - and exercise feels like ather chore to complete. Is it any wonder we don't stick with it? Behavior expert Michelle Segar has devoted her career to the science of motivation. In No Sweat, she reveals that while better health or weight loss sound like strong incentives, human beings are hardwired to choose immediate gratification over delayed benefits. In other words, we're t going to exercise unless it makes us happy right w. So what's the solution? To achieve lasting fitness, we have to change our minds - before we can change our bodies. In No Sweat, Segar shows us how. Translating twenty years of research on exercise and motivation into a simple four-point program, she helps readers broaden their definition of exercise, find pleasure in physical activity, and discover realistic ways to fit it into their lives. Activities we enjoy, we repeat - making this evidence-based system more sustainable in the long run than a regimen of intense workouts. Even if we don't sweat, we really benefit. The success of the clients Segar has coached testifies to the power of her program. Their stories punctuate the book, entertaining and emboldening readers to break the cycle of exercise failure once and for all. Complete with work sheets, tips, and techniques, getting in shape has never been so easy - or so much fun.
- Author BiographyMichelle Segar is a behavioral sustainability scientist and Director of the Sport, Health, & Activity Research and Policy (SHARP) Center at the University of Michigan. She holds a Ph.D. in Psychology and Master's degrees in Health Behavior and Kinesiology.
- Author(s)Michelle Segar
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width61 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.36Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.