All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a collection of the Nobel Lectures delivered by the prizewinners, together with their biographies and the presentation speeches at the award ceremonies in Stockholm for the period 2001-2005. Each Nobel Lecture is based on the work for which the laureate was awarded the prize. This volume of inspiring lectures should be on the bookshelf of every keen student, teacher and professor of physiology/medicine as well as of those in related fields. The following is a list of the Nobel laureates during 2001-2005 with a description of the works that won them their prizes: (2001) Leland H Hartwell and Tim Hunt - for their discoveries of key regulators of the cell cycle; (2002) Sydney Brenner, H Robert Horvitz and John E Sulston - for their discoveries concerning genetic regulation of organ development and programmed cell death; (2003) Paul C Lauterbur and Sir Peter Mansfield - for their discoveries concerning magnetic resonance imaging; (2004) Richard Axel and Linda B Buck - for their discoveries of odorant receptors and the organization of the olfactory system; and, (2005) Barry J Marshall and J Robin Warren - for their discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease.
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Edited byHans Jornvall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.