Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionLonglisted for the 2014 Frank O'Conr Award Novelists: the soul of an age, certainly. Brilliant? Perhaps. Yet aren't they also doddering, petulant, pedantic, kckkneed, skittish, and thunderingly insecure--resentful, awkward, anying--demanding, deluded, and vexingly indifferent to reality? New from short fiction devotee C.P. Boyko, Novelists is a comedy of manners (and manuscripts), rivalling Vanity Fair for its satirical wit...though t, mercifully, for its length. PRAISE FOR NOVELISTS Proudly, gloriously, gleefully old-fashioned in their style and settings, these largely comic stories about the worst traits of artists are more serious than they at first seem: they depict the petty insecurities that fuel every creative act. --Russell Smith If you are a rmal person, these stories, with their pitch-perfect satirical humour and their finely tuned sentences, will make you laugh out loud. If you are a writer, first you will squirm with recognition while envying his impressive vocabulary, his nimble grammar, and his startling imagery, and then you'll laugh out loud. --Diane Schoemperlen PRAISE FOR C.P. BOYKO Readers will enjoy the author's versatility, quirky (sometimes uproarious) sense of humor, sardonic view of the world, and fruitful imagination ...Libraries with any short-fiction readers should buy this book and keep an eye out for the next one. --Booklist, starred review Nothing short of astonishing. --The Walrus Keep your eye on this young Canadian talent. --Chatelaine Stunning ...Boyko has an unstoppable imagination. --The Globe & Mail Stealthy, seductive ...A collection that in many ways ...will provide thought-fodder, t to mention good old-fashioned pleasure, for months. -- The Montreal Gazette Fans of satirical fiction will love this ...impeccably researched and unflinchingly intelligent. --The National Post
- Author BiographyC.P. Boyko (Blackouts, 2009) has been nominated for the Journey Prize and published in The Walrus, PRISM International, and The New Quarterly. Psychology and Other Stories, his second collection, was shortlisted for the Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize in 2013. Born and raised in Saskatchewan, Boyko received degrees in English and Psychology from the University of Calgary. He lives in Victoria.
- Author(s)C. P. Boyko
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEmeryville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Weight199 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.