All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe stories in Nowt to do with me are all about characters; the kind of individuals who have peopled our villages and brought colour and spice to the pot that makes up our daily diet. People like the one of a kind post-man Harry, Jim, the loud-voiced local pig-killer and farm-worker Jack who gave the book its title. Add in Billy the eccentric clay-miner, Jane the cat-lady and Slipper Barker, the village school-teacher. Stir in two Derbyshire great-uncles, Ken the jovial bell-ringer, pub land-lady Sylvia and Albert the organ-blower. Season with Adrian the ever-worried choir leader, stuttering Ivan and flighty, flirty Brenda and we have the basis of a tasty country recipe. Extra flavour comes from the likes of runny-sed Jimmy, basin-cut Sam and a supporting cast of sundry cricketers, school mates, bell-ringers, singers and golfers.
- Author BiographyFrank Wilson was born in the Loxley Valley to the west of Sheffield in South Yorkshire in the middle of the Second World War. The son of a dairy farmer, his early years were filled with farm and rural activities in a community that was only slowly beginning to change from its traditional patterns.He now lives in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- Author(s)Frank Wilson
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBakewell
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.