All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNuclear reactor physics is the core discipline of nuclear engineering. Nuclear reactors w account for a significant portion of the electrical power generated worldwide, and new power reactors with improved fuel cycles are being developed. At the same time, the past few decades have seen an ever-increasing number of industrial, medical, military, and research applications for nuclear reactors. The second edition of this successful comprehensive textbook and reference on basic and advanced nuclear reactor physics has been completely updated, revised and enlarged to include the latest developments.
- Author BiographyWeston M. Stacey is Professor of Nuclear Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. His career spans more than 40 years of research and teaching in nuclear reactor physics, fusion plasma physics and fusion and fission reactor conceptual design. He led the IAEA INTOR Workshop (1979-88) that led to the present ITER project, for which he was awarded the US Department of Energy Distinguished Associate Award and two Department of Energy Certificates of Appreciation. Professor Stacey is a Fellow of the American Nuclear Society and of the American Physical Society. He is the recipient of several prizes, among them the American Nuclear Society Seaborg Medal for Nuclear Research and the Wigner Reactor Physics Award, and the author of six previous books and numerous research papers.
- Author(s)Weston M. Stacey
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication11/05/2007
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1316 g
- Width179 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edition Statement2nd completely revised and enlarged ed
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.