All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOcean Engineering Mechanics provides an introduction to water waves and wave-structure interactions for fixed and floating bodies. Linear and nlinear regular waves are thoroughly discussed, and the methods of determining the averaged properties of random waves are presented. With this foundation in wave mechanics, applications to engineering situations in the coastal zone are then presented. This introduction to the coastal engineering aspects of wave mechanics includes an introduction to shore protection. Covered within are also the basics of wave-structure interactions for situations involving ridged structures, compliant structures, and floating bodies in regular and random seas. The final chapters deal with the various analytical methods available for the engineering analyses of wave-induced forces and motions of floating and compliant structures in regular and random seas. An introduction to the soil-structure interactions is also included. The book can be used for both introductory and advanced courses in ocean engineering mechanics.
- Author BiographyMichael E. McCormick is currently a Corbin A. McNeill Professor in the Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering at the US Naval Academy. He is a Fellow of the Marine Technology Society, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and the American Society of Civil Engineers. In 1976, he became the co-editor of the journal Ocean Engineering and remained so for thirty years. Prior to that, he was the editor of the Marine Technology Society Journal. Professor McCormick was the first recipient of the US Naval Academy Alumni Award for Research Excellence and was also awarded the US Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award and the US Navy Superior Civilian Service Award. He is the author of Ocean Engineering Wave Mechanics and Ocean Wave Energy Conversion. Professor McCormick received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Catholic University of America and a Ph.D. in civil engineering and a Sc.D. in engineering science from Trinity College, Dublin.
- Author(s)Michael E. McCormick
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note190 b/w illus. 18 tables
- Weight1060 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.