All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionOld Norwich: A Photographic Journey presents a number of old images, in both black and white and colour, depicting Norwich in a bygone era. From houses to businesses, to public houses, to people, including a dancing bear in Earlham Road and a rare picture of Town Crier Mr Childerhouse taken in the Victorian era, each photograph and postcard provides a glimpse into what Norwich used to be in the first half of the twentieth century and earlier. Michael Chandler guides the reader through the streets of old Norwich, pointing out the interesting historical facts connected with each snapshot of the past. These photographs will prove a valuable treat to those interested in Norwich's past.
- Author BiographyMichael Chandler is a Norwich-based author, tour guide, historian and broadcaster. He has written numerous books on Norwich's history. He is the current resident historian at Future Radio and also contributes to the BBC and ITV, as well as local newspapers and magazines. He has given talks about his love of Norwich to many local history groups.
- Author(s)Michael Chandler
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.