Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionA historical n-fiction account of the 117th Pennsylvania volunteer regiment in the American Civil War of 1861 to 1865. This is the regimental history of the unit much better kwn as the 13th Pennsylvania Cavalry.
- Author BiographyHarold Sonny Hand was born in New Jersey in 1952, where he attended local schools and played in local bands until his musical inclinations delivered him to the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachussetts. From 1970 until the present time he has played drums and percussion in every style of music imaginable, including nightclubs, casinos, percussion ensembles, jazz, rock, and country & western. He has taught drums and percussion privately and in studios since 1972, and spent seven years on the faculty of Atlantic Community College in Mays Landing, New Jersey. Leaving the family construction business in 1983 he was employed by a Fortune 500 corporation, transferring to Northern Nevada in 1991. Sonny continues teaching and performing music in Nevada, and is a percussionist in the Ruby Mountain Symphony Orchestra. Since 1990, Sonny has been a Civil War reenactor and living historian, bringing hands-on Civil War education to the general public and into elementary and high school classrooms. Reenacting battles and encampments has helped the author to understand more accurately the life of the Civil War soldier, as well as ensuring a more authentic regimental history of the 13 th Pennsylvania Cavalry. The author currently lives in Spring Creek, Nevada, with his wife Jacqueline and their son Jonathan, who was born in 1992.
- Author(s)Harold Hand
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight474 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.