Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Translated by Marion Wiesel A profoundly and unexpectedly intimate, deeply affecting summing up of his life so far, from one of the most cherished moral voices of our time.</b> Eighty-two years old, facing emergency heart surgery and his own mortality, Elie Wiesel reflects back on his life. Emotions, images, faces and questions flash through his mind. His family before and during the unspeakable Event. The gifts of marriage and children and grandchildren that followed. In his writing, in his teaching, in his public life, has he done eugh for memory and the survivors? His ongoing questioning of God where has it led? Is there hope for mankind? The world s tireless ambassador of tolerance and justice has given us this lumius account of hope and despair, an exploration of the love, regrets and abiding faith of a remarkable man.
- Author BiographyElie Wiesel was fifteen years old when he was deported to Auschwitz. After the war he became a journalist and writer in Paris, and since then has written more than fifty books, both fiction and nonfiction. His masterwork, <i>Night, </i> was a major best seller when it was republished recently in a new English translation. Wiesel has been awarded the United States Congressional Gold Medal, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the French Legion of Honor s Grand Cross, an honorary knighthood of the British Empire and, in 1986, the Nobel Peace Prize. Since 1976 he has been the Andrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Boston University.
- Author(s)Elie Wiesel
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight168 g
- Width125 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byMarion Wiesel
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.