All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has a tutorial approach that provides both theoretical explanations and practical step-by-step examples using familiar Oracle demo schemas. Step-by-step examples include use of both Enterprise Manager and the SQLPLUS command-line interface. The authors have combined their experiences of working with customers in Oracle Support, Oracle training and education, and Oracle consulting, to identify the most common areas of confusion and misinterpretation experienced by Oracle Streams users. This book highlights these areas and focuses on bringing clarity and understanding to the reader. This book is for users who have implemented, or are about to implement, a distributed database environment using Oracle Streams replication. The reader is expected to have an intermediate understanding of Oracle database techlogy. This book is mainly intended for use by: Oracle Database Administrators responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an Oracle Streamed environment, System and Database Architects responsible for the design of distributed database environments using Oracle Streams Readers with limited kwledge of basic Oracle database techlogy can benefit from Chapters 1 and 2, which cover Oracle Streams Components and Design Considerations.
- Author BiographyAnn McKinnell is currently a Senior Principal Consultant with APG Technologies, LLC and has been an OCP since Oracle 7.3.4. She came to APG with over 8 years as a senior technical member of Oracle Global Support, specializing in Replication and Distributed System technologies. She was a recognized global technical expert for Oracle Distributed Systems; earning the internal nickname The Replication Goddess . Ann has trained Oracle Support and Consulting personnel from many countries in Advanced Replication and Distributed System Internals and Problem Solving techniques. She has authored and co-authored many of the Oracle Advanced Replication notes found on Oracle Metalink, and was a technical reviewer for the Oracle University Pilot 9i Steams course material, as well as various Oracle Replication and Database Administration user manuals. Ann continues to specialize in practical implementation strategies and the development of distributed Oracle database systems, database architecture, and software and database design and integration. Eric Yen began working with Oracle Databases at version 7.3.4. Over the following 14 years, he obtained his Oracle DBA Certification starting with version 8, maintaining it up to the current release, and he has also earned the (ISC)2 CISSP certification. Eric began working with Oracle Streams with Oracle 9i Streams beta. As a Senior Principal Consultant with APG Technologies, LLC, Eric's work includes designing and implementing Streams solutions for Government clients using the more recent versions of Streams in Oracle 10 and Oracle 11. During his little spare time, you can find Eric exercising and tinkering around with Oracle products.
- Author(s)Ann McKinnell,Eric Yen
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication22/01/2010
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Out-of-print date14/02/2013
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight606 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.