All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow you can master the latest version of the fundamental SQL language used in all relational databases today with ORACLE 12C: SQL, 3E. Much more than a study guide, this edition helps you transform a basic kwledge of databases into proficiency with the latest SQL and Oracle concepts and techniques. You learn to use Oracle 12c SQL most effectively as you prepare for the first exam in the Oracle Database Administrator or Oracle Developer Certification Exam paths. This edition initially focuses on creating database objects, including tables, constraints, indexes, sequences, manipulating data, and more. The author then explores both basic data query techniques as well as advanced query topics using a proven hands-on approach. ORACLE 12C: SQL, 3E introduces the latest features and enhancements in 12c, from enhanced data types and invisible columns to new CROSS and OUTER APPLY methods for joins. To help you transition to further studies and even more advanced books in this series, appendixes introduce SQL tuning, compare Oracle's SQL syntax with other databases, and overview Oracle connection interface tools: SQL Developer and SQL Plus. Trust ORACLE 12C: SQL, 3E to provide the kwledge you need for Oracle certification testing and the solid foundation for pursuing a career as a database administrator or developer.
- Author BiographyJoan E. Casteel combines more than 15 years of hands-on experience in application development in various business environments with strong teaching skills to clarify important application and software concepts for today's readers. An award-winning instructor, Ms. Casteel serves as associate professor of information technology and business at Tidewater Community College, where she has been an integral part of the Database Specialist curriculum. She has joined a newly formed team at the college in charge of building a campus ID card program to encompass four campuses, using a recently deployed Oracle-based system. In addition the team is developing new Oracle APEX applications to improve college-wide financial services support. Ms. Casteel has been recognized by her colleagues for her professional accomplishments, including creating an Oracle virtual machine image for students and handling recruitment efforts for database specialist career studies. Ms. Casteel is the author of two successful books on Oracle from Course Technology, part of Cengage Learning, covering SQL and PL/SQL which serve as the introductory course sequence in the college's database career path.
- Author(s)Joan Casteel,Larbi Oukada
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication11/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight998 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.