All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical, hands-on book with precise, step-by-step instructions. We go about installing Oracle VM Servers and Oracle VM Manager. The writing style is conversational and the book also gives you a graphical view of the steps that are carried out. The book starts by looking at the important features of virtualization and then takes you directly to installation. The motive is to get you started right away and have you excited eugh to use the complete book as an essential guide to t only learning but implementing your Oracle VM farm within your data center. This book is for anyone who wants to learn virtualization with Oracle VM Manager and has some understanding and experience with virtualization; it is t an introductory book on virtualization but goes into detail explaining Oracle VM Servers and managing those VM Servers with Oracle VM Manager. The book is aimed at IT managers or administrators looking to learn a new set of skills to enhance their careers as well as those looking for more consolidated and comprehensive tools to manage virtual infrastructures. It will be helpful to VMware, Microsoft, and other virtualization administrators who are looking for robust and cheaper alternatives to otherwise expensive and proprietary virtualization software. Generally IT managers and n-core-IT staff may also benefit from chapters that teach how to manage the life-cycle of VMs and generally integrate the techlogy process into the people and processes of their organization.
- Author BiographyTarry Singh, an Oracle OCP, has been a Sr. DBA and has worked with Oracle technologies starting from Oracle database version 7.3 through 11g. An industry veteran, whose career spans several industries such as Oil & Gas sector, Maritime, and currently IT. He has worked for several Fortune 500 companies. He is currently working for a large French multi-national SI vendor, Atos Origin, as a Strategic Business Executive. Tarry spends his time talking to customers and offering cost-effective solutions. He also monitors the emerging trends and is a renowned industry veteran when it comes to Virtualization and Cloud Computing. Tarry is also involved in several NGO projects across the world, the latest being a 2 million technology project in Uganda which he leads as a Chief Technology Consultant together with Hanze University in The Netherlands. Tarry has also co-authored a research paper for IEEE called Smart Metering the Clouds where he discusses the vision of developing a consolidated metering solution from a utility perspective. This was published in June where he co-chaired the IEEE workshop and is being read by millions across the world. Tarry holds a Nautical Science graduate degree from India's LBS of Advanced Research and Studies in Mumbai and holds many IT and non-IT related certifi cations such as GMDSS, Firefi ghter, and so on. Having worked with more than 40 nationalities and having worked across the globe, Tarry has been able to develop deep multi-cultural skills and has handled virtual teams with great passion and tremendous control. Tarry is a Dutch citizen based in the Netherlands. In his free time, Tarry conducts market research and analysis with tremendous zest and is very well connected with the investor community across the globe. Tarry has advised several fi rms in executing their strategy and has helped them in M&A, product development, and other areas. He also runs his popular Cloud Computing blog called Sustainable Global Clouds at http://ideationcloud.com and writes passionately about Mergers and Acquisitions, Business Strategies, Emerging Trends around Sustainable, and Environmental-friendly technologies. Tarry has spoken at many large international events and has been quoted by The Economist and several other leading magazines.
- Author(s)Tarry Singh
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication19/07/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.