Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe SAGE Course Companion on Organization Theory is an accessible introduction to a challenging subject area. This book helps readers to extend their understanding of theories and make the connection between them and organizational practice. It will enhance their thinking skills in line with course requirements and provides support on how to revise for exams and prepare for and write assessed pieces. Readers are encouraged t only to think like a organizational theorist but also to think about the subject critically. Designed to compliment existing textbooks for the course, the companion provides: - Easy access to the key themes in Organizational Theory - Helpful summaries of the approaches taken by the main course textbooks - Sample questions and answers, with common themes that must always be addressed - Short vignettes and a case study that runs throughout the chapters - Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course - 'Taking It Further' sections that suggest how readers can extend their thinking beyond the 'received wisdom' The SAGE Course Companion in Organizational Theory is much more than a revision guide for undergraduates; it is an essential tool that will help readers take their course understanding to new levels and help them achieve success in their undergraduate course.
- Author BiographyAnn Cunliffe is Professor of Organization Studies at the University of Leeds. She previously held positions at the University of New Mexico, California State University, the University of New Hampshire, USA and the University of Hull, UK. She is also a Visiting Professor at Fundacao Getulio Vargas, Brazil and the University of Strathclyde, Scotland. Ann's current research interests lie at the intersection of organizational studies, philosophy and communications, to examine how organizational life, identities and action are shaped in living conversations. In particular, she is interested in exploring how we can engage in collaborative, responsive and ethical ways of managing organizations. Other interests include: leadership; self-work; sensemaking; collaboration; developing reflexive approaches to management research, practice and learning; and expanding the reach and 'rigor' of non-positivist qualitative research. Her recent publications include the co-authored book Key Concepts in Organization Theory with John Luhman (2012), and articles in Organizational Research Methods, Human Relations, Management Learning, the Journal of Management Studies, and Organization Studies. In 2002 she was awarded the Breaking the Frame Award from the Journal of Management Inquiry for 'the article that best exemplifies a challenge to existing thought'. Ann is currently co Editor-in-Chief of the international journal Management Learning and Consulting Editor of Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management. She is a member of 8 international editorial boards, was Division Chair of the Critical Management Studies Division of the Academy of Management (2010) and organizes the biennial Qualitative Research in Management and Organization Conference. She received her PhD. and M.Phil. from Lancaster University, UK.
- Author(s)Ann L. Cunliffe
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Course Companions Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight259 g
- Width157 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.