All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with clear explanations and doable strategies, this book helps PreK-2 teachers juggle the demands of planning effective instruction and creating a literacy-rich classroom environment. Realistic vignettes illustrate how to set goals, develop standards-based curricula and assessments, establish routines, and organize the classroom space and the daily schedule. The authors demonstrate the nuts and bolts of building an exemplary classroom library and professional teaching library, collaborating as a team with other teachers and specialists, preparing report cards, and communicating with families. Several reproducible forms can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size.
- Author BiographySharon Walpole, PhD, is Professor in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. She has extensive school-based experience designing and implementing tiered instructional programs. Dr. Walpole has also been involved in federally funded and other schoolwide reform projects. Her current work involves the design and effects of schoolwide reforms. She has coauthored or coedited several books, including How to Plan Differentiated Reading Instruction, Second Edition: Resources for Grades K-3; The Literacy Coach's Handbook, Second Edition; and Organizing the Early Literacy Classroom. Dr. Walpole is also Series Editor, with Michael C. McKenna, of The Essential Library of PreK-2 Literacy. She is a recipient of the Early Career Award for Significant Contributions to Literacy Research and Education from the Literacy Research Association and the Excellence in Teaching Award from the University of Delaware. Michael C. McKenna, PhD, was Thomas G. Jewell Professor of Reading in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia until his death in 2016. He authored, coauthored, or edited more than 20 books, including Assessment for Reading Instruction, Third Edition; How to Plan Differentiated Reading Instruction, Second Edition: Resources for Grades K-3; and Organizing the Early Literacy Classroom; as well as over 100 articles, chapters, and technical reports on a range of literacy topics. Dr. McKenna also served as Series Editor, with Sharon Walpole, of The Essential Library of PreK-2 Literacy. His research was sponsored by the National Reading Research Center and the Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement. He was a corecipient of the Edward B. Fry Book Award from the Literacy Research Association and the Award for Outstanding Academic Books from the American Library Association, and a member of the Reading Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Michael C. McKenna,Sharon Walpole
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication13/07/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Essential Library of Prek2 Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight260 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.