All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn February 13, 2003, a plane carrying three American military contractors - Marc Gonsalves, Tom Howes, and Keith Stansell - crashed in the mountaius jungle of Colombia. Dazed and shaken, they awoke covered in blood with automatic rifles pointing at their faces. As of that moment they belonged to the Colombian terrorist organization kwn as the FARC, American captives in Colombia's volatile conflict that has stretched over the last half century. Now in Out of Captivity , Gonsalves, Howes, and Stansell recount their amazing tale of survival, friendship, and ultimately rescue in its entirety for the first time. Revealing the details of their crash, their horrific treatment at the hands of the FARC, what they witnessed as captives, and how they survived their experiences, this book provides vivid firsthand accounts of their five and half years in the jungle. A story of life, death, survival, and the saving power of friendship - and a glimpse inside one of the world's most torious terrorist organizations - Out of Captivity is a remarkable look at the unbreakable bonds between friends and indomitable strength of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyMarc Gonsalves is a former member of the United States Air Force who worked as a civilian military contractor for four years before the crash. He has a daughter, Destiney, and two stepsons, Cody and Joey. He lives in Connecticut. Tom Howes has been a pilot working in the United States and South America for thirty-seven years. He currently lives with his son, Tommy, in Merritt Island, Florida. Keith Stansell is a former Marine in the United States Marine Corps. He lives with his daughter, Lauren, his son Kyle, his twins Keith Jr. and Nick, and his fiancee, Patricia, in Bradenton, Florida. Gary Brozek is a freelance writer and the author of more than 20 books, including 6 New York Times bestsellers. He lives in Colorado.
- Author(s)Gary Brozek,Keith Stansell,Marc Gonsalves,Tom Howes
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2010
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight362 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.