All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.94
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- Description* Easy-to-use format: Each page covers one situation* For hikers, hunters, anglers, birders, campers ...All who spend time outdoors In a critical situation, or in a situation that might become critical, choosing less-than-the-best action can result t only in wasted time but also in loss of comfort, loss of limb, even loss of life. That's what this little book is all about--choosing the best course of action in an outdoor emergency. --from the Introduction Unlike Worst-Case Scenario-style books that focus on the most wildly improbable circumstances, Buck Tilton's Outdoor Safety Handbook is the real thing: a clear-cut, -nsense handbook from a veteran outdoorsman and safety expert. What should you do if you encounter a bear in the wild? What if you fall through thin ice? Or run out of water? Or get sick on wild food? This handy guide provides -nsense information about what to do when something goes wrong in the outdoors--both emergency situations and anying accidents--in a portable format that's easy to use in the field. Concise instruction explains exactly what to do when faced with outdoor trouble, with an emphasis on taking the best course of action right away.
- Author BiographyBuck Tilton is a co-founder of the National Outdoor Leadership School's Wilderness Medicine Institute and a winner of the Paul K. Petzoldt Award for Excellence in Wilderness Education. He has written numerous books on the outdoors and is a contributing editor for Backpacker magazine. Roberto Sabas is a freelance illustrator whose work has appeared in various publications. He lives in Savoy, Illinois.
- Author(s)Buck Tilton
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication19/12/2005
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations
- Weight11 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Roberto Sabas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.