Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionPan-Turkism has had varied fortunes in the 20th century. It has played a continuing role, at times of great significance, in the internal politics of Turkey itself, and it has fuelled the national struggle of the Turkic groups beyond Turkey. An earlier version of this work was published by Hurst in 1981 as Pan-Turkism in Turkey: A Study of Irredentism . The disintegration of the Soviet Union, the consequent establishment, in 1991, of six independent Turkic republics in the Caucasus and Central Asia, and an upsurge of Pan-Turkism have necessitated an expanded, updated and revised edition. The new volume covers the special relationship between the new republics and Turkey, which has altered the essence of Pan-Turkism from militant irredentism to practical solidarity in matters political, ecomic and cultural.
- Author(s)Jacob M. Landau
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/1995
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight367 g
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew ed of 2 Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.