All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionR is a wonderful thing, indeed: in recent years this free, open-source product has become a popular toolkit for statistical analysis and programming. Two of R's limitations -- that it is single-threaded and memory-bound -- become especially troublesome in the current era of large-scale data analysis. It's possible to break past these boundaries by putting R on the parallel path. Parallel R will describe how to give R parallel muscle. Coverage will include stalwarts such as sw and multicore, and also newer techniques such as Hadoop and Amazon's cloud computing platform.
- Author BiographyQ Ethan McCallum is a consultant, writer, and technology enthusiast, though perhaps not in that order. His work has appeared online on The O'Reilly Network and Java.net, and also in print publications such as C/C++ Users Journal, Doctor Dobb's Journal, and Linux Magazine. In his professional roles, he helps companies to make smart decisions about data and technology. Stephen Weston has been working in high performance and parallel computing for over 25 years. He was employed at Scientific Computing Associates in the 90's, working on the Linda programming system, invented by David Gelernter. He was also a founder of Revolution Computing, leading the development of parallel computing packages for R, including nws, foreach, doSNOW, and doMC. He works at Yale University as an HPC Specialist.
- Author(s)Q. Ethan McCallum,Stephen Weston
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.