Paramedics: From Street to Emergency Department Case Book by Bob Fellows, Sarah Fellows (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.28Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA great book written by a truly medical family ...This book will prove invaluable to the student paramedic and a great aid to the practicing paramedic ! The case studies are thought provoking and give an opportunity for students to learn about situations they will encounter during their careers and experienced paramedics and practitioners the opportunity to reflect on similar cases and question their practice ...I would highly recommend this book. Paul Bates (Paramedic), Higher Education Programme Manager, London Ambulance Service NHS Trust, UK Individuals new to pre-hospital care will find this text well structured and clear. The informative introduction and subsequent case studies are written in an easy to read question and answer style. These provide a starting point for the reader to undertake further focused reading and investigation. A helpful text for students who are new to caring for patients, in the pre-hospital environment. Amanda Blaber, Senior Lecturer, University of Brighton, UK This book presents a series of medical vignettes of varying complexity. It discusses the differential diagsis and clinical care, offering important background kwledge to assist the Paramedic in following the best clinical pathway. Fellows and Fellows provide the vital link between the classroom and reality, removing the mysticism from the complex and ever changing world of pre-hospital care Dr David Zideman, Clinical Lead -- Emergency Medical Care, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games This accessible book is designed to help both practising and student paramedics prepare to deal with 25 of the most commonly seen pre-hospital care scenarios, as well as to revise for practical exams. Part of a new Case Book series, the book starts with a description of the patient history and examination, then challenges you to spot important signs, determine a likely diagsis and make important management decisions. This technique helps to cement prior kwledge and teach both scientific and practical kwledge, both vital for today's paramedic. By looking at the journey of the patient and paramedic, the authors provide a more complete understanding of the care pathway, helping you to be aware of signs of severe illness and develop safe practice. In addition, the book: Encourages you to develop kwledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology and out of hospital emergency treatment plans to point of handover at definitive care Covers a wide range of scenarios, from everyday situations to more complex Contains practical cases, checklists, clinical tools, key information boxes and clear answers to clinical questions The book is written by a unique father and daughter author team, with the complementary perspectives of a paramedic educator and a student.
- Author BiographySarah Fellows is a final year medical student at Imperial College London studying for an MBBS. She has also completed a BSc (Hons) in Cardiovascular Sciences. Bob Fellows is Tutor in Paramedic Science at the University of Hertfordshire, UK and a Senior Paramedic Tutor with the London Ambulance Service, UK. He was Chairman of The College of Paramedics for 7 years and has more than 30 years of experience in the streets of the capital.
- Author(s)Bob Fellows,Sarah Fellows
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine4 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.