All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionProviding an objective assessment of the influence of parental involvement and what aspects of parental participation can best maximize the educational outcomes of students, this volume is structured to guide readers to a thorough understanding of the history, practice, theories, and impact of parental involvement. Cutting-edge research and meta-analyses offer vital insight into how different types of students benefit from parental engagement and what types of parental involvement help the most. Unique among works on the topic, Parental Involvement and Academic Success: * uses meta-analysis to enable readers to understand what the overall body of research on a given topic indicates * examines research results in terms of their practical implications * focuses significantly on the influence of parental involvement on mirity students' academic success Important reading for anyone involved in home-school relations/parental involvement in education, this book is highly relevant for courses devoted to or which include treatment of the topic.
- Author BiographyWilliam H. Jeynes is professor of education at California State University, Long Beach. He graduated first in his class at Harvard University and also graduated from the University of Chicago. He has spoken for the White House and various U.S. Government Departments. He has spoken for both the G. W. Bush and Obama administrations. He has spoken for foreign and UN leaders, Harvard University, Cambridge University, and the Harvard Family Research Project. His 4 point proposal given to the Acting President of Korea was passed and became the foundation for their economic and family policy to arise from the Asian Economic Crisis of 1997-1998. His work has appeared in most of the nation's finest newspapers and in Ivy League journals. He has approximately 100 publications.
- Author(s)William Jeynes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.