All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
About this product
- DescriptionFrances Gendlin's witty and convincing fictionalized memoir, Paris, Moi, and the Gang: A Memoir...of Sorts is more than a romp through the streets of the most beautiful city in the world. It is a paean to the rich and fascinating history that sets Paris apart. As an American travel writer and expatriate, Fran is researching la Ville-Lumiere (City of Light) while writing a new guide: paying attention to detail and her entire daily life―filled with her gang of friends, a family she tries to keep close despite being so far away, and the possibility of romance hovering about. Calling on her kwledge of Franco-American history and weaving this richness into descriptions of the byways the locals trod in this complex and compelling city, Fran draws us into a story that offers the past and the present, and a way of experiencing Paris that most tourists might never see on their own.
- Author BiographyFrances Gendlin brings to this new book her experiences as a successful writer of travel guides. Formerly, she held leadership positions in American publishing, as Editor of Sierra Magazine and Executive Director of the Association of American University Presses. Also directing her own editorial consulting business, The Right Word, she taught writing to foreign businessmen and helped writers with their works-in-progress. Since then, indulging her love for travel and adventure, she has written multiple guidebooks to Rome, Paris, and San Francisco. For the last decade, Fran Gendlin has lived in Paris, delving ever deeper into the French culture, enjoying the French-American expatriate way of life, and being a member of the international literary community.
- Author(s)Frances Gendlin
- PublisherSummertime Publications, Incorporated
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSummertime Publications, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.