All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionStudents are influenced by their peer networks instead of the invisible hand of meritocracy. This statement by David Riesman is still true today. The volume analyses how students make use of social connections and the expanding opportunities offered by contemporary tertiary education. The results show that the resources provided by higher education institutions may be termed social capital, adding a new dimension to literature related to students and the institutional environment.
- Author BiographyGabriella Pusztai is Professor of Sociology of Education at the University of Debrecen, Hungary. She is Head of the Doctoral School of Human Sciences and Director of the Center for Higher Education Research and Development, CHERD.
- Author(s)Gabriella Pusztai
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleHigher Education Research and Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.