All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the lives and careers of Cardinal Francis Spellman and Cardinal Richard Cushing, Larry Smith's Patrick Fitzmike and Mike Fitzpatrick evokes the political turmoil, sexual torment, and moral crises that have beset the Catholic Church and defined our era. It is an unrelenting fiction replete with Popes and Presidents, parish priests and Broadway chorus boys. Rich in its complex prose and dark humor, this narrative offers up the spiritual antipodes of human experience, from the lofty machinations of global potentates to the naked prayers of a sinful desperate saint.
- Author BiographyLarry Smith has published widely as a fiction writer, a poet and an essayist. His fiction has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize and has appeared in McSweeney's Quarterly Concern, Low Rent, Exquisite Corpse, Curbside Splendor, FictionNow, PANK, and numerous other journals. His poetry has been published in Descant (Canada) and Elimae, among other journals, and his articles and essays have appeared in Modern Fiction Studies, Social Text, and elsewhere. He keeps a website at larrysmithfiction.com and lives in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Larry Smith
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleShort-Ish: Novellas + Essays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.