All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeam assembly and finishing are two of the most important aspects of garment construction and both require specific techniques to achieve perfect patterns and designs. Pattern-drafting for Fashion: Seam Assembly and Finishing is a comprehensive guide to these techniques covering all styles, fabrics and garments. Seams can be decorative, functional, or specific to a type of fabric or method of construction. This comprehensive book, aimed at serious dressmakers, explains different types of seams, when to use them, and how to achieve the most professional finish. All the essential methods for achieving a flawless finish are covered here including different techniques of pressing and steaming a garment, hems, zips and buttonholes, and different types of hem and cuff finishes for all styles and fabrics.
- Author BiographyTeresa Gilewska has worked in fashion design for over 30 years, in France, China and Poland. In 1989 she set up her own studio in Paris where she worked until 2000. She is passionate about sharing her knowledge of design, particularly for the ready-to-wear market, and her books on pattern-making are a welcome addition to the literature of fashion.
- Author(s)Teresa Gilewska
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight768 g
- Width246 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.