All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third volume in Janet Arld's groundbreaking series Patterns of Fashion covers an earlier period than the previous two volumes: Patterns of Fashion 1660-1860 and Patterns of Fashion 1860-1940, concentrating on the Elizabethan and Jacobean eras. Significantly, too, this is the first of Arld's books to include patterns for men's clothing. As well as Janet Arld's meticulous patterns for these remarkable garments, the book includes an amazing 300 black and white photographs ranging from portraits of the period to details of articles of clothing .
- Author BiographyJanet Arnold was a historian of fashion, which combined her two greatest passions: the theatre and clothes. Her early books were conceived as aids for the fashion and theatre students she taught, but as her unique range and depth of knowledge became apparent, more and more museums and other institutions sought her advice and, today, her books are essential tools for the study of dress and have been used throughout the world.
- Author(s)Janet Arnold
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/05/1985
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations, bibliography
- Weight779 g
- Width368 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Janet Arnold
- Interest Age18
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.