All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThere's never been a coach quite like Peahead Walker. While leading three different college football teams and one Canadian pro team from 1927-1958, Walker cut a wide and woolly path through one of the most interesting times in American football. He was part coach and part comedian; a brilliant sideline manager who lifted underdog Wake Forest to national prominence; and a gifted banquet speaker who left audiences rolling in the aisles across the Southeast. Author Tucker Mitchell interviewed more than sixty of Walker's former players and close associates, and plumbed countless print resources to produce an intimate portrait of Walker's life and times.
- Author BiographyTucker Mitchell is an award-winning writer who spent more than thirty years in the newspaper business as reporter, writer, columnist, editor, publisher and owner. He's a graduate of Wake Forest University, where he somehow managed to obtain a degree in History, which is sort of a long, slow form of journalism. Tucker is married to Cindy. They have two grown children, and two grandchildren. This is Tucker's second book. His first work, the critically unacclaimed HORNETS NEVER LIE, was published in 1989.
- Author(s)Tucker Mitchell
- PublisherLibrary Partners Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibrary Partners Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.