Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by agnesrarebooks
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pearl is the story of Steve Reuf, a brilliant Aboriginal rugby league player. But it is t just the tale of a gifted footballer. It is the story of his family heritage; of his childhood in the southern Queensland town of Murgon; and of his emergence as a try-scoring centre. It is the story of how he and his childhood sweetheart Elissa fought for their love in the face of community prejudices. It is also the story of Steve's journey from a small country town to play for the Brisbane Broncos, Queensland and Australia, and build a reputation as one of the most admired attacking players in the game's history. The Pearl commemorates the end of Steve Reuf's football career but comes as he and Elissa and their five young children embark on the next stage of their lives.
- Author BiographyJohn Harms is a writer and broadcaster. he lives in Melbourne. He writes for The Age and appears on ABC-TV's Offsiders.
- Author(s)John Harms
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2005
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.