All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionFamous Brazilian educational and social theorist Paulo Freire presents his ideas on the importance of community solidarity in moving toward social justice in schools and society. In a set of talks and interviews shortly before his death, Freire addresses issues t often highlighted in his work, such as globalization, post-modern fatalism, and the qualities of educators for the 21st century. His illuminating comments are supplemented with commentaries by other well-kwn scholars, such as Ana Maria Araujo Freire, Walter de Oliveira, Norman Denzin, Henry Giroux, and Donaldo Macedo.
- Author BiographyPaulo Freire is one of the major social and educational thinkers of the 20th century. Prior to his death in 1997, he wrote over 20 books creating and expounding the idea of critical pedagogy and the methods of conscientisation to implement it, widely adopted by progressive educators worldwide. More than a scholar, he served as Sao Paulo's Secretary of Education, as an advisor on educational reform and as an agent of social change that had him both jailed and exiled from his native Brazil. His Pedagogy of the Oppressed is one of the most influential books in the field of education. Ana Maria de A. Freire is a Brazilian educational and social researcher and activist. She is the widow of Paulo Freire and coauthored several of his later books as well as organising several volumes about Freire's work. Walter F. de Oliveira is Professor of Public Health at Federal University of Santa Catarina in Brazil. Henry A. Giroux holds the Global Television Network Chair in English and Cultural Studies at McMaster University in Canada and is a noted critical educational and cultural theorist. Donaldo Macedo is Distinguished Professor of Literacy and Education at University of Massachusetts Boston and is highly published in linguistics, critical literacy and bilingual and multicultural education.
- Author(s)Ana Maria de A. Freire,Paulo Freire,Walter De Oliveira
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleQualitative Inquiry and Social Justice
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byHenry A. Giroux
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.