All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book outlines the steps needed to perform penetration testing using BackBox. It explains common penetration testing scenarios and gives practical explanations applicable to a realworld setting. This book is written primarily for security experts and system administrators who have an intermediate Linux capability. However, because of the simplicity and userfriendly design, it is also suitable for beginners looking to understand the principle steps of penetration testing.
- Author BiographyStefan Umit Uygur has been an IT System and Security engineer for 14 years. He is an extremely motivated open source software evangelist with a passion for sharing knowledge and working in a community environment. He is highly experienced in Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Analysis, Management, and Assessment. He has been involved in many open source software projects, for example BackBox, where he is part of the core team. He has helped to promote the free software culture around the world by participating and organizing international conferences. He significantly contributes to shedding the false and negative perceptions around hacking and hackers by promoting the hacker world in a positive light. He explains in detail the real world of hacking, hackers' motivations, and their philosophy, ethics, and freedom. These activities are promoted mainly through national and international magazines, and in particular, during the conferences that he participates. Along with his professional activities, he has contributed to the Linux magazine, the PenTest magazine, and a few other small, periodic, technical publications. However, his main passion is continuous collaboration with the community as he believes in the community more than anything else. He strongly feels that knowledge shouldn't be owned by a few people, but should be the heritage of the entire collective. He is always grateful to the community for the skills and the knowledge he possesses. One of the definitions he gives to the community is that it is the real school and university where one truly learns.
- Author(s)Stefan Umit Uygur
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.