People, Planet and Profit: Socio-Economic Perspectives of CSR by Samuel O. Idowu, Dr. Abubakar S. Kasum (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $172.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $147.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is longer the case that it's only society which benefits from CSR actions. A corporation actually helps itself when operating sustainably and does well because of its triple bottom line actions. The editors of People, Planet and Profit believe that whilst Corporate Social Responsibility is by w a familiar concept to academics or practitioners, insufficient attention has been paid to the end product of CSR in practice, which they define in terms of social and ecomic developmental effect. The contributions in this edited volume explain the developmental aspect of CSR from a conceptual perspective and provide empirical evidence of the impact of CSR delivery on stakeholders in different corners of the World. The emphasis is on what corporations take from and give back to their stakeholders whilst trying to behave in a corporately responsible fashion. Stakeholders, including employees, customers, host communities, governments and NGOs have diverse interests and expectations of CSR. This gives rise to questions about whether the activities corporations support are the ones today's stakeholders need; whether the CSR programmes being delivered are adequate; and about the relationship between the corporations' view of what constitutes CSR and that of the supposed beneficiaries. This book offers thoughtful answers to these questions and assesses the outcomes of corporate activities both in developed and developing countries and regions, in terms of ecomic progress and social and political advancement.
- Author BiographySamuel O. Idowu is a Senior Lecturer, London Metropolitan University; a Guest Professor to Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, China, a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators and the RSA; a Freeman of the City of London and a member of the Global Governance Institute. He has edited ten books and the Editor-in-Chief of Encyclopaedia of Corporate Social Responsibility. Abubakar Sadiq Kasum is a Lecturer, Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Ilorin in Nigeria; and Associate, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. He has written many articles, academic and conference papers and is a member of numerous international research networks. Professor Dr Asli YA ksel Mermod teaches Business Administration, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Marmara. She has held many administrative posts within the Social Sciences Institute, is a keynote speaker and widely published author and co-author of a dozen books.
- Author(s)Dr. Abubakar S. Kasum,Samuel O. Idowu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Weight804 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byProf Dr Asli Yuksel Mermod
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.