Perceptual Digital Imaging: Methods and Applications by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $281.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $256.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVisual perception is a complex process requiring interaction between the receptors in the eye that sense the stimulus and the neural system and the brain that are responsible for communicating and interpreting the sensed visual information. This process involves several physical, neural, and cognitive phemena whose understanding is essential to design effective and computationally efficient imaging solutions. Building on advances in computer vision, image and video processing, neuroscience, and information engineering, perceptual digital imaging greatly enhances the capabilities of traditional imaging methods. Filling a gap in the literature, Perceptual Digital Imaging: Methods and Applications comprehensively covers the system design, implementation, and application aspects of this emerging specialized area. It gives readers a strong, fundamental understanding of theory and methods, providing a foundation on which solutions for many of the most interesting and challenging imaging problems can be built. The book features contributions by rewned experts who present the state of the art and recent trends in image acquisition, processing, storage, display, and visual quality evaluation. They detail advances in the field and explore human visual system-driven approaches across a broad spectrum of applications, including: * Image quality and aesthetics assessment * Digital camera imaging * White balancing and color enhancement * Thumbnail generation * Image restoration * Super-resolution imaging * Digital halftoning and dithering * Color feature extraction * Semantic multimedia analysis and processing * Video shot characterization * Image and video encryption * Display quality enhancement This is a valuable resource for readers who want to design and implement more effective solutions for cutting-edge digital imaging, computer vision, and multimedia applications. Suitable as a graduate-level textbook or stand-alone reference for researchers and practitioners, it provides a unique overview of an important and rapidly developing research field.
- Author BiographyRastislav Lukac is currently a senior digital imaging scientist at Foveon, Inc./Sigma Corp. in San Jose, California. He has authored five books and contributed to twelve books. He has also published more than 200 scholarly research papers in the areas of digital camera image processing, color image and video processing, multimedia security, and microarray image processing. Dr. Lukac holds 12 patents and has authored 25 additional patent-pending inventions in the areas of digital color imaging and pattern recognition. For more information, see Dr. Lukac's Color Image Processing website.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleDigital Imaging and Computer Vision
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note236 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight1202 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byRastislav Lukac
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.